For first timers, New York City is an immense city with awe inspiring sights. In fact, the experience of choosing places to see may be almost overwhelming. Therefore, quite naturally, most visitors tend to turn to New York City tours to see the city and get acquainted with its famous attractions.
There are a number of New York City tours available to suit all tastes and budgets: aerial tours, walking tours, water tours and so on. Some of the most interesting of all New York City tours include:
1. Free walking tours: It’s true what they say – Some of the best things in New York are free! For instance, the informative walking tour of Grand Central and the surrounding areas are offered for free by Justin Ferate. The tour is filled with fun and tons of little known information about Grand Central.
2. Bike Tours of New York City: If you’ve come with your family, bike tours are a great way of getting to know the city. A tour like this is not your typical tourist’s tour. You are accompanied by great guides who share loads of information and give you a lot of facts about the city. But bike tours are demanding, so tourists need to be in good shape physically.
3. Rockefeller Center Tour: This is the tour of the iconic Rockefeller Center. The guided walking tour is for people who appreciate the artistic and architectural beauty of the Center. Once you’re in Rockefeller Center, you cannot miss Top of the Rock view point. This is an observatory on the 70th floor. It gives you a wide open view of the city underneath. The view from here is considered to be one of the best of the city from a height.
4. New York Culinary Tours: If you are a foodie, then, you cannot miss the New York City culinary tour. Your guide is a person who knows the City inside out and will therefore take you on a private tour of the restaurants and stores in New York City. Tourists can expect a great variety of foods what with ethnic favorites like Chinatown, Hell’s Kitchen and so on. If you speak to the guide earlier, they will customize the tour to suit your tastes.
5. New York City bus tours: Red double decker buses will show you the city. The buses stop at designated places and will therefore allow you to explore the city quickly. You are allowed to get off in over 50 stops and you can expect to see almost all of the famous attractions like Times Square, Central Park and so on.